FSU Libraries is excited to open its doors to students and faculty for the fall semester. Visit https://www.lib.fsu.edu/hours for our fall semester hours. In order to provide our campus community with a safe experience, we’ve made a few changes. Below is a brief overview of what to expect when you visit.
This video shows how to safely enter and exit the Libraries:
We ask that everyone in the Libraries follow our reopening guidelines, as follows:
- Maintain social distancing by staying at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people.
- Wear CDC-compliant cloth face covering at all times.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- The libraries are individual study only. No group study sessions or meetings are allowed.
- One patron in the elevator at a time is recommended. No more than three people are allowed in the elevator at a time.
- Keep as much distance from others as possible when using stairwells.
- Clean study areas before and after use. Sanitizing wipes are available in these areas.
- When using cleaning supplies, follow the precautions, application directions, and contact time according to instructions. This applies to: disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizers, disposable cleaning towels, and hand soap.
- Properly dispose of any wipes or cleaning supplies after cleaning and disinfection.
- Do not eat food in the libraries.
- No moving of furniture.
We’ve also made a few changes to our spaces, which include:
- Plexiglass dividers have been installed in front of the security and circulation desks.
- Disinfection stations are located throughout the Libraries to make it easy to clean study areas before and after use.
- Desks and furniture are arranged to comply with social distancing. Please don’t move the furniture.
- Group study spaces, instruction rooms, and individual study carrels will be closed.
Need to check out an item?
- The Libraries’ collections will be closed for browsing. But patrons can obtain materials through curbside or in-library pick up. Learn more here: https://www.lib.fsu.edu/service/curbside-pick-up.
We always provide access to electronic resources, online instructional support, open education resources, online tutoring and other remote services. For more information on online services and resources, visit: https://www.lib.fsu.edu/service/campus-access.
Stay up to date on our COVID-19 Updates and Resources page: https://www.lib.fsu.edu/news/covid-19.
Welcome back, and have a great semester!
Leave a Reply